Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 31, 2012

Guest Designer for Challenge 70 - Back To School


Hello and Happy Friday!

Today the Fussy and Fancy girls
are very proud to
introduce our very talented
guest designer

aka Butterfly
Here is a little bit about Alison:

I'm quite a newbie to the world of crafting, though
I've always made bits and pieces with my hands as I
was growing up, often to help with my mum's dolls
house hobby.  So when I recently re-discovered the joy
of crafting, it was sort of like coming home. I'm incredibly
lucky that my 'day job' is also deeply stimulating: I'm a
text and voice coach (if you want to know more, there's
a link on my blog), though I've recently gone freelance
and that's what's given me the time to play and explore
Craftyblogland - a place I've grown to love & a hobby
I've become hopelessly addicted to.  

I LOVE all things Tim Holtz, shabby chic, grunge
and especially distressing.   I'm very excited to have won a
GD spot here at Fussy and Fancy for the "Back To School"
challenge, though I'm afraid I'm one of those strange people
who never minded going back to school. I loved learning
new things I guess that's still going on today my crafting!


Alison created a wonderful
frameable collage to share with us
for our current challenge

Isn't this collage special?
We love the textured background and the
adorable vintage images along with the
distressed design papers and alphabet strips.
The contrast of the soft blue
math paper and the fun embellishments
compliment the sentiment perfectly.

We hope that you can visit Alison's blog

to read all about this very special project 
and to see more of her talented work

It's been a real pleasure Alison - thank you!



xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx


4 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Congratulations Alison, your Collage is exceptional, and the text suits the grungy design wonderfully.
Great images as well.
Smiles:)
Sue

Sazzle said...

Great collage Alison and I love all the different textures and the vintage look too :-)

Thanks for bringing us such a gorgeous project for your guest designer spot and we hope to see a lot more of your work in future challenges!

xx Sazzle xx

Unknown said...

Great collage Alison and the photo of you is amazing!

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Alison! Congrats! Great collage! Love all the background stamping.
Just clicking around blog land and saw your project here!